Call for consultancy: Crisis communications expert
CRTA is Belgrade-based non-profit, non-governmental organization with more than 10 years of advocacy experience. CRTA’s mission is focused on the establishment of a democratic culture in Serbia, with citizens empowered to participate in political processes and active in raising demand for accountable and democratic performance from their representatives and institutions. In this regard, CRTA launches, manages and supports civic activism initiatives targeting the democratic deficit in Serbia.
Within its efforts to establish a lasting, citizen-driven demand for democracy, CRTA is focused on public education, empowerment and mobilization of citizens and civil society to engage and raise demand for an open, accountable and inclusive government, through the several thematic approaches:
– independent civic election observation of parliamentary, presidential and local elections in Serbia, and advocacy for improvement of conditions for free, fair and democratic elections;
– parliamentary oversight and advocacy for institutional accountability and openness;
– fact-checking, accountability journalism, media monitoring and disclosure of fake news and misinformation in the media and digital sphere.
Purpose of the assignment
CRTA is inviting an expert for crisis communications to contribute to the improvement of the organization’s internal capacities and processes for communication in crisis situations, through engagement with members of the organization.
The period of the consultancy assignment is May – July 2021.
- Developed assessment report of the organization’s current capacities and practice for crisis communications,
- Developed the overall protocol for crisis communications, along with corresponding communication plans for CRTA’s main programmatic pillars (Election Observation Mission, Open Parliament, Truth-o-Meter),
- Capacity building for successful crisis communications for members of the CRTA team,
- Developed final capacity building report in crisis communications.
Experience required from the candidate
- Proven relevant professional experience in the area of strategic communications,
- Relevant professional experience in the area of crisis communications,
- Knowledge of trends, innovative techniques and skills in the area of crisis communications,
- Experience in working with non-profit organizations, as well as the understanding of the context and civil society environment in Serbia will be considered as an asset.
Interested candidates should send:
2) Methodology outline with a timeframe, and
3) Financial proposal.
Requested documents should be sent to the e-mail address: [email protected] no later than Sunday, April 18, 2021 by 23:59.
Following the review of received proposals only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
You can find the complete call here.