Crta is opening a job position for a colleague developer who would join our IT dev team!
We are a group of civil society activists devoted to strengthening democratic culture and civic activism. Our IT dev team is developing analytical and presentational web applications and websites following program and project guidelines. We also work on developing the tools that allow citizens to monitor and influence the work of public authorities and enable them to be involved in democratic processes.
If you find living in a democratic society is vital for you, and you also want to help activists win freedom and defend democracy by developing IT tools, then Crta is the right place for you.
About the Role of the Full-Stack Web Developer in Crta
The Dev team gets clear instructions and the design on which the development is based. Still, every team member has complete flexibility and responsibility to suggest better and optimized code and set new better standards.
- HTML and CSS are not even the slightest of burden for you. You can quickly and effectively transfer the design to code, all by yourself.
- You work and operate in a PHP environment for more than two years and probably have your GitHub account (you are free to share the link in the application form below).
- You also work with APIs on a daily basis. Maybe you have some experience with API development?
- You have experience with theme development, plugins, and websites on some of the more popular CMSes. WordPress perhaps?
- Basic knowledge of written and spoken English language.
- Production of backend and frontend code for websites and web applications.
- Analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues within web applications and websites that are in internal and external use.
- Creation of well-factored and optimized code, and regular update of our GitHub repository, which means correct versioning and documentation.
- Being involved in development of internal and external web applications, either project or program-based.
- The initiative to actively suggest solutions for development of better digital products, within internal or external projects and programs.
- Being a proactive player! This means that you will not always get a task list of all the things you need to complete in order to end the day, but you will need to do your best to present the shortcomings to the team and the way to overcome them.
- It is not a request, but knowing to work and operate with any Agile methodology is a plus.
Here are a couple of goals or KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) that you will be evaluated on:
- Are web applications/websites launched in a timely fashion, how much is the delay and what are the reasons for it.
- How many problems were solved in the past evaluation period.
- Bugs per feature ratio.
Personal skills we are looking for from candidates
- You are proactive.
- You appreciate clear instructions for your tasks, but also take the responsibility for an independent completion of assignments.
- You don’t have a problem working with short deadlines.
- You appreciate working in a small, focused team.
- You are a tech nerd/geek. You like to code, but also know to ask for help and check StackOverflow when needed!
Work conditions and details of the engagement
This opening is for a full-time engagement. The position is remote, but there will be occasional team meetings and planning sessions at Crta premises in Belgrade.
In order to complete your application you need to:
- Fill the application form on this link.
- Attach your CV explaining your experience and qualifications.
- Send a motivational letter, one page long.
We accept applications until September 20, 2021, by 23:59. Apply using this link.
Candidates with incomplete applications will not be considered. Only candidates who pass to the next round will be called for an interview.